Headlines

Margo Price Sings About The Heartache And Beauty Of Small-Town America

Margo Price's new album, All American Made, is out now.
Danielle Holbert/Courtesy of the ShoreFire Media
Growing up in a small town in the Midwest, singer-songwriter Margo Price often wished she lived somewhere else — a place where the landscape wasn't so flat, the winters weren't so cold and the work wasn't so hard.
"It just felt like there wasn't much going on," she says of her hometown of Aledo, Ill. "I always dreamed of a more romantic backdrop."
Eventually, Price moved to Nashville, Tenn. to pursue music. But as time passed, her feelings towards her hometown changed.
"The more I'm away, I think, the more I appreciate where I came from," Price says. "Now, when I go back, I see the beauty in it.
Price writes about her family and small-town roots on her latest album, All American Made. The album is more overtly feminist and political than is typical for country music. Price says her music is an expression of herself: "From the time that I was really young, I was always trying to express what was going on in my life and inside me."
Click on the audio link to hear the full Fresh Air interview, including Price singing acoustic versions of her songs and a cover of Kendrick Lamar's "HUMBLE."
Source: npr

Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Fresh News ON . Designed by OddThemes