Headlines

WWE NXT TakeOver: WarGames predictions: Drew McIntyre vs. Andrade ‘Cien’ Almas, Women’s title Fatal 4Way, more!

NXT, WWE's Developmental flagship-turned-stand alone brand, will be putting on their latest live special tomorrow (Saturday, Nov. 18, 2017). This time out, it’s another ”Big 4” event as TakeOver: WarGames goes down on the eve of Survivor Series.
The card comes our way from Houston’s Toyota Center at 8PM Eastern, exclusively on WWE Network. It marks the return of a WCW staple, the Dusty Rhodes-created WarGames match! In this version, three trios will battle it out in two rings surrounded by one cage. Tag champs SAnitY, The Undisputed ERA and Authors of Pain & Roderick Strong will do battle - who will survive?
In addition to that, NXT champion Drew McIntyre defends his title against Andrade “Cien” Almas, and Asuka’s successor will finally be crowned when Kairi Sane, Ember Moon, Peyton Royce and Nikki Cross face off in a Fatal 4Way.
In non-title action, Velveteen Dream gets a prime time opportunity to make the undefeated Aleister Black say his name, and Kassius Ohno stands up to NXT’s resident monster, Lars Sullivan.
If you're new or someone who only checks out NXT for the live specials, we've got a full preview of the matches coming up for you between now and belltime. Right now, we've assembled a motley crew of Cagesiders who watch & love NXT to give us their thoughts & predictions on each.

WE NXT TakeOver: WarGames PREDICTIONS

Undisputed ERA vs. Authors of Pain and Roderick Strong vs. SAnitY

Sean Rueter: We’ve got some agents of chaos, a couple monsters (and their little buddy) and a pack of cowardly heels. One of these things is not like the other, and considering they’ve struggled to get on a winning streak without running and hiding and playing the numbers game, I’m not betting on them in an environment where none of those things will really help them. Let’s assume Roddy and Paul Ellering’s boys aren’t a well-oiled machine, and that Trips wants to protect his tag champs. Pick: SAnitY
Kyle DeckerIt’s got to be ERA here, right? They’re still the new stable and having them lose as a crew this soon would really undercut them. SAnitY are a stable too but have had their share of losses. Authors of Pain and Roddy are too thrown together. (I’m still wondering about a Roddy turn here anyway, revealing he was always apart of Earned Run Average.) Pick: Undisputed ERA
ReverendKain: This feels like Undisputed’s match to lose as the most Four Horsemen-like of these factions, WarGames being the Horsemen’s specialty and all... except they lost way more of them than they won. Granted, that’s in part due to Crockett’s habit of using WarGames as a touring main event the first couple years, but even so, it’s a factor, especially considering the three-team format means Cole and his boys can “lose” without actually being pinned or submitted. All that said, I’m not betting against them here. Pick: Undisputed ERA
Stella Cheeks (of the always awesome NYD podcast): To be honest, I’ve never even seen a WAR GAMES match and it sounds absolutely absurd to me. I do trust NXT, however, so I am looking forward to the chaos. I think Undisputed ERA has to win to establish that they really are the new faction to be reckoned with. So far they have come across as wiley, clever and tough for sure, but they have mostly been playing mind games and perpetrating sneak attacks. A win in WAR GAMES would solidify their new position. I predict SAnitY and AOP get distracted by their hatred of each other and Roddy turns on AOP and joins Undisputed ERA, because god damn they have to do something with Roddy. Pick: Undisputed ERA
OurLadyJustice (aka Dea): I have no f'ing idea, seriously. If anything, I'm just really curious how this match is even going to work. In theory, they've got the concept down, but we all know that potential disaster looms; crossing my fingers against anyone getting hurt. The only way I can think of how to pick someone is who I think needs it the most, and that is... Pick: Undisputed ERA
Erin Cline (the more enigmatic half of Not Your Demographic): I've seen War Games and I'm still a little confused by what is happening here. I'm going to play it safe and say Roddy defects to Undisputed and puts them over. Are the titles on the line? [editor’s note: they are not]I don't understand but I bet it'll be awesome. Pick: Undisputed ERA

Kairi Sane vs. Peyton Royce vs. Ember Moon vs. Nikki Cross

Sean Rueter: Have no issues with any of these ladies winning, so I’m sticking with a hunch I had back during the qualifying process. Pick: Nikki Cross
Kyle Decker: It’s really a toss up here. I can see anyone winning. I’m going against the favorites of Ember and Kairi here. I think it’d be better for Ember to win it from someone. If she doesn’t win but doesn’t get pinned can play off the “Cant win the big one” story to set up a feud with the winner. (I also think if she wins here, it’ll feel too much like “OK, well Asuka is gone so now you can have it.”) I’d also prefer to see Kairi take a loss before winning so they can avoid another undefeated as champ. I’m saying Peyton here. The Iconic Duo is a fun act and could be a good heel foil until they crown the next long term champ. Pick: Peyton Royce
ReverendKain: Eh, hell with it, I’m gonna literally roll the dice and go from there... Alright, she won the Mae Young Classic, she’s on a roll, and while I do think there’s a real danger of having her end up stuck in Asuka’s shadow if they’re not careful, there’s no reason she shouldn’t win this. Pick: Kairi Sane
Stella Cheeks: Aaaaaahahahahah this is gonna be so GOOODT! Literally any of these women holding the belt would be a dream. I think that Kairi will look great and they will push her babyface goodness a lot in this match, but I don’t think she’ll win. She has the Mae Young accolade and truth be told she hasn’t really put in much time at NXT yet to deserve the belt. I obvs want Peyton to win because Billie & Peyton forever, but I also am afraid of them breaking up. Nikki would be a terrifyingly amazing champ, but I don’t think she needs the belt in the same way that Ember does. Ember has come so close too many times to not win. If she almost beat the unbeatable she should finally be able to beat these other women and get the belt! I’m saying Ember, but regardless I do hope the belt hot potatoes for a little bit. I want to see everyone with this ding dang belt!!! Pick: Ember Moon
Source: cagesideseats

Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Fresh News ON . Designed by OddThemes